Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Election's Over for now

Yay, the election is over, and with it comes a mixed bag of emotions. Hooray, our candidate for Supervisor in Nevada County, Heidi Hall, won her seat easily and with a large margin. Way to go Heidi. Our judicial candidate in Marin County is in a virtual tie for first place with another candidate in what was a hard fought nine way race. Now we start over without missing a beat (or not too many), for a November runoff. Fourth of July parade is the first stop on this trip.
Sad that Bernie Sanders did not carry California and is just hanging on by the skin of his teeth in my Congressional district. That's means I do not get to go to Philadelphia as an elected delegate. As third woman in a man/woman alternating scheme, I'm in sixth place overall.

I also put my name in for an at-large delegate and Party Leader or Elected Official (known as a PLEO; I am a local Party leader and I do hold positions within the State Party too). However, I did not get one of the coveted spots. Many good people who have been working within the Party for years and a number of energetic newcomers did make the cut and a hearty congratulations to them. This will be an exciting Convention and Presidential election.

I would love to be a fly on the wall inside the committee rooms, instead of a passive viewer at home.

We do have the Republican Convention first to entertain us all. (Putting the best spin on the presumption that He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is the nominee; but anything could happen there too, so stand by for news at 11!)

Election night found us at a local watering hole with our victorious judicial candidate Mike Coffino and his friends. We ate salads and drank wine.

Details elude me. Invent your own. In the meantime, here is a delicious Beach Martini and Ocean Cobb salad to tempt you. I call it what to eat on your way to the airport from a Democratic Executive Board meeting in Long Beach California. It's what I did this weekend. No recipes, but you can figure them out. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment