Thursday, June 6, 2013

Election Scandal in San Jose? We're Shocked, Shocked, I tell you!

Politics and scandal. Now don't they go together like what? Beans and bacon? Bean and gas, maybe?

So, according to this morning S.F. Chronicle, in San Jose, this already disgraced former Santa Clara Supervisor (he was previously arrested on charges of stealing public money as well as campaign contributions) allegedly tried to throw a City Council election by mailing a flyer linking a candidate to the communist government in North Vietnam. He did this in a most ingenious way. He pretended the piece was FROM the Council candidate.

Not surprisingly, in her largely (anti-Communist) Vietnamese District, she lost the election, narrowly.

But the intrepid law was on the case and discovered this guy's DNA on a postage stamp on the flyer! (Who licks postage stamps anymore? Who even puts stamps on a mailer? This guy is not only a sleazebucket, assuming the allegations are true - as a lawyer I know I have to use the disclaimer, he a dumb sleazebucket.)

If the City Council candidate can prove (hard to do) that this is what cost her the election, well, Katie bar the door! It is 4 years later, so it's doubtful a new election will be held, but if I were she, I'd be rounding up a team of attorneys and I'd be putting myself on the 2014 ballot now.

No comments:

Post a Comment