Monday, June 17, 2013

Women's Power - Use it or Lose it!

There was nothing slutty about the Women's Power Strategy Conference, just classy women and some good men with a lot to say about women getting things done in the world.  The keynote speaker was an amazing woman working with the Girls Inc. organization in Alameda County, helping girls with college and career who otherwise might not have a chance to achieve in this world.  

I met a woman from my hometown (Kalamazoo Michigan, can you believe it!), and heard some amazing talks that I will find useful in my field, like You Tube innovations and power blogging.  

And how to protect yourself online. Like "It's 2 AM, do you know who your computer is talking to?"

My talk on Women in Politics was well received and there may a budding politician or two coming out of this conference!  The whole event was inspirational and the women were all feisty, the men honest (!), and Patricia Davis, the founder, must have cloned herself a dozen times in order to be in so many places at one time.

I didn't get a prize and I didn't take any photos. Drats. But I will remember to do both next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment